To simplify things I decided to turn my photographs of "Punk-a-Doodle" into line drawings, there was only one problem....I didn't know how. Which meant learning a new process in Photoshop Elements....not always as easy as I'd like it to be. Then I also needed to experiment with a variety of art materials to see which would give me the look and/or depth of colors I wanted. The page on the left was done with watersoluble oil pastels, I love how it looks like an old coloring book page. For the page on the right I wanted the colors to be more vibrant, that was achieved by using Crayola Sketching bright colored markers.
For the cover I decided on a bright yellow, like the color books of my childhood...at least that is my recollection. For now the piece is shown flat, both sides, however it does fold nicely and that is how it will be used. I placed staples along the binding with the plan of adding more pages, a little boy is so looking forward to coloring the pages. When I began working on this he began planning, so "we" will choose 4 additional photographs, alter them and let him apply the color. Hopefully it will become a special keepsake to remember his Grandma by.