Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dance


This is the second piece I made for this challenge. The red fabric pieces (left over from another project) seemed to dance on the black and white polka dots. I added machine quilting using four different threads and varying lengths and widths of the blind hem stitch. Instead of a close-up, I included a picture of the back - a surprise! The bobbin thread is a variegated orange-red-green cotton and I love the effect.



I challenged myself to create a piece without blue - not an easy task for me!

Susan H. in San Francisco

5 comments:

  1. I love how the same shapes show up so differently in these two views of your piece.

    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how the back can be just as wonderful as the front of the quilt! And it is my favorite color...orange!

    Lisa Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, Love the use of black and white with pop of color on the front, for me it is always so graphic. However the back pulls me in for a closer look...photographs never give me all the detail I want. Jan G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I like both sides!! isn't that a 2 for 1?
    A reversible art piece.

    ReplyDelete